Please note: COVID-19
Given the current situation, it’s very important and very clear to your committee that we need to keep our membership safe and virus free as much as we can.
The main key points for a successful reopening;
- The Club is open from 8am Friday 15th May 2020.
- If you are unwell or have any flu like symptoms please STAY HOME.
- Maximum of 20 people inside the clubs perimeter fence.
- Only members at this time.The gathering of ten people will include Members, general public and family and friends. (This is why we have asked for members only at this point.)
- If you are not flying, Please DO NOT just drop in to see the club as this will restrict flying members.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser or hand wash. The club cannot guarantee there will any available when you are there.
- Social Distancing needs to be self enforced (I understand how easy it is to simply shake hands, hug and kiss your fellow members but please stay safe.)
- Time at the club. Think of your fellow members. Please DO NOT be selfish. Share the limited hours and available flying spots generously with your fellow club members.
Hart Field Enhancements
August update: – Still in negotiation with Council
Stephen Neill and Andrew Hoysted met with a council representative for on Friday the 20th of July at PEMAC to discuss the previously noted proposal to expand PEMAC’s infrastructure. Discussions with council were very productive and they have requested some further information to assist their planning department in progressing our application. Detailed information including plans and potential costing’s will be submitted for their further consideration. Council also advised that these applications may attract some council and government grant funding should they be deemed suitable. We will keep you updated with further information once we hear back from the council planners. The committee understands the relative time taken to progress this piece of work has been considerable and we will be looking to ramp up our focus on this project.